The Premier League is back in action with another round of matches this weekend with Bournemouth vs Tottenham Hotspur side in an important clash at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.
- Location: Bournemouth, England
- Stadium: Vitality Stadium
- Date: Saturday 26 August
- Kick-off Time: 12:30 (BST) / 07:30 ET / 04:30 PT
- Referee: Tim Robinson
- VAR: John Brooks
Bournemouth vs Tottenham: Match Preview
Bournemouth are all set to host Tottenham Hotspur in Gameweek 3 of the new Premier League season. The Cherries will be looking for their first win of the 2023/24 season, whereas Spurs will put up a similar display like the one they did against Manchester United.
After finishing 15th last season, Bournemouth came into the new season hoping for better things. They were looking to ensure they do not end up in the relegation battle. In the season opener against West Ham United, Dominic Solanke’s late equaliser helped them claim a point and get things started.
Last time out, they squared up against Liverpool and got off to a flying start with a goal in the 3rd minute. But, post that, things did not go according to plan as they conceded three goals and ended up losing 3-1 on the day. When they host Spurs, they will look to put up a better fight than they did against the Merseyside club.
Meanwhile, Tottenham Hotspur started the new season without their star striker Harry Kane, who has left the club. Everyone knew that the post-Kane era would be tough for the club and that proved to be the fact as they ended up playing a 2-2 draw against Brentford.
In Gameeweek 2, Spurs played host to Manchester United. It was expected to be a closely-fought encounter. But things panned out differently as Tottenham put up a dominating display and ended up winning 2-0 on the day.
They will be heading into this Bournemouth fixture high on confidence thanks to the win over the Red Devils. While there is a difference in quality between the two teams, we expect it to be hard fought encounter.
Dango Ouattara, who scored Bournemouth’s late winner in a dramatic 3-2 victory over Spurs in April, is sidelined for this clash, as are Marcus Tavernier, Ryan Fredericks, Alex Scott and Emiliano Marcondes. There are further doubts over the availability of Lewis Cook and Adam Smith.
The Cherries put in a decent performance in their most recent game, a 3-1 defeat at Liverpool, and manager Iraola may elect to deploy a similar side for his second home game at the Vitality Stadium.
James Maddison was pictured leaving Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in a protective boot and has been assessed over the week, having told reporters the measure was “a precaution”. If he doesn’t make it, Giovani Lo Celso could start in the ten role.
Rodrigo Bentancur, Ryan Sessegnon and Bryan Gil continue to recover from serious knocks, with the only obvious decision for Ange Postecoglou to make coming at right-back between Pedro Porro and Emerson Royal.
Bournemouth vs Tottenham: Head to Head
- Tottenham Hotspur have an impressive record against Bournemouth and have won eight out of the 13 matches played between the two teams, as opposed to Bournemouth’s three victories.
- The previous meeting between the two teams produced a 3-2 victory away from home for Bournemouth – the Cherries have never won consecutive league games against Tottenham Hotspur in their history.
- Tottenham Hotspur have lost only one of their last six matches against Bournemouth in the Premier League and won this fixture by a 3-2 margin last season.
- Three of the last five matches between Bournemouth and Tottenham Hotspur have been won by goals scored in the 90th minute – both their Premier League games last season ended in this manner.
- Tottenham Hotspur have won only one of their last nine matches away from home in the Premier League and have conceded at least one goal in each of these games.
Bournemouth (4-2-3-1): Neto; Aarons, Zabarnyi, Senesi, Kerkez; Billing, Rothwell; Semenyo, Christie, Anthony; Solanke.
Tottenham (4-2-3-1): Vicario; Emerson, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie; Sarr, Bissouma; Kulusevski, Lo Celso, Son; Richarlison.
BOU vs TOT: Fantasy XI
Vicario; Emerson, Romero,Kerkez; Billing,Sarr, Bissouma, Semenyo, Christie, Son; Richarlison