Dortmund vs Chelsea, Potter’s first-ever UCL knockout match on Wednesday as Blues travel to Germany to face Dortmund at their Signal Iduna Park.
- Location: Dortmund, Germany
- Stadium: Signal Iduna Park
- Date: Wednesday 15 February
- Kick-off Time: 20:00 GMT / 15:00 ET / 12:00 PT
Dortmund vs Chelsea: Match Preview:
The Blues will hope to take comfort in European competition after winning just one of their last nine domestic matches since returning from the World Cup – a run that has seen them score just six goals.
But it won’t be easy against a Dortmund side that have won all six of their post-World Cup games, advancing in the DFB-Pokal and moving to within just three points of Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich.
Dortmund vs Chelsea: Head to Head:
Borussia Dortmund have never played against Chelsea in an official fixture in the UEFA Champions League, this is their first-ever meeting.
Mateu Morey is still recovering from a serious knee injury and is unlikely to make it back in time for this match. Youssoufa Moukoko also picked up a knock against Werder Bremen at the weekend and should join Abdoulaye Kamara on the sidelines.
Chelsea remain without a number of first-team players, including N’Golo Kante, Edouard Mendy, Armando Broja and former Dortmund forward Christian Pulisic.
Wesley Fofana, Mateo Kovacic, Raheem Sterling and Denis Zakaria are all nearing returns but likely won’t feature on Wednesday.
Benoit Badiashile was not registered for Chelsea’s Champions League squad.
- This will be the first meeting between Borussia Dortmund and Chelsea in European competition.
- Chelsea have only won three of their 11 previous away games against German sides (D3 L5).
- Graham Potter is unbeaten in charge of Chelsea in the Champions League (W4 D1), winning each of his past four games.
- Mykhaylo Mudryk has been directly involved in five goals in six appearances in the Champions League this season (three goals and two assists).
- Chelsea have won 10 of our 14 away Champions League matches.
- Chelsea’s Champions League record in the round of 16 is 10 wins and six defeats.
Dortmund starting 11 (4-1-4-1): Kobel; Ryerson, Sule, Schlotterbeck, Guerreiro; Can; Reyna, Bellingham, Reus, Brandt; Haller.
Chelsea predicted lineup (4-2-3-1): Kepa; James, Chalobah, Silva, Chilwell; Loftus-Cheek, Enzo; Madueke, Felix, Mudryk; Havertz.
BVB vs CHE: Fantasy XI
Kepa; James, Sule, Schlotterbeck, Silva, Can, Enzo,Bellingham, Felix, Mudryk, Havertz, Haller.
For more Dortmund vs Chelsea, follow Sportz Point.