The Blues will seek to keep their resurgence going as it is Chelsea vs Everton at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
- Location: London, England
- Stadium: Stamford Bridge
- Date: Saturday 18 March
- Kick-off Time: 17:30 GMT / 12:30 ET / 09:30 PT
- Referee: Darren England
- VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Chelsea vs Everton: Match Preview:
The Blues have won three on the bounce in all competitions, and while they remain tenth in the Premier League, they have closed the gap up to the European spots.
As for Everton, their focus remains on surviving the relegation battle. A big 1-0 win over Brentford last time out – a result which helps Chelsea – has confidence high among Sean Dyche’s side, although one poor set of results could see the Toffees fall back into the drop zone.
Raheem Sterling was left out of the England squad through injury, which suggests his hamstring issue will keep the winger out of this game. Mason Mount and Reece James, on the other hand, have made the England squad and look to have shaken off their respective issues.
Edouard Mendy is stepping up his return to action and could soon be available, while Cesar Azpilicueta is also believed to be close to a return. N’Golo Kante might make his first squad since August.
Armando Broja and Thiago Silva remain out.
There could be a return to the bench for Dominic Calvert-Lewin after a thigh problem, but the striker will play a limited role, if any, as Sean Dyche seeks to avoid any further complications.
Andros Townsend is a confirmed absentee and right-back Nathan Patterson is also expected to sit this one out with a knee problem.
Chelsea vs Everton: Head to Head:
- This will be the 190th meeting between Chelsea and Everton, with the Blues having a 75-59 record.
- Having beaten Everton 1-0 in their first Premier League meeting of the season, Chelsea are looking to complete a league double over them for the first time since the 2016-17 season.
- The last eight clashes between Chelsea and Everton have seen just one draw (1-1 in the Premier League in December 2021).
- Everton haven’t beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge since November 1994 (1-0 in the Premier League).
Chelsea (3-4-3): Kepa; Fofana, Koulibaly, Cucurella; James, Kovacic, Fernandez, Chilwell; Mudryk, Havertz, Felix.
Everton (4-5-1): Pickford; Coleman, Tarkowski, Keane, Godfrey; Iwobi, Onana, Gueye, Doucoure, McNeil; Gray.
CHE vs EVE: Fantasy XI
Pickford, Fofana, Koulibaly, Tarkowski, Kovacic, Fernandez,Onana,Mudryk, Havertz, Felix, Gray.