The upcoming season of the Indian Super League will be its 8th edition. ISL completed its 7th season in February 2021. The upcoming season might start in September if the pandemic comes under control by then. All the clubs have a common aim this season, that is to win the title. The managers need players of their choice to succeed. Keeping all this in mind we bring you the latest ISL transfer news and rumours surrounding different clubs according to the latest transfermarkt updates.
ISL transfer news: Players from the 1st tier league linked with different ISL clubs
- Mohammad Nawaz: The Indian goalkeeper from Manipur plays for FC Goa. The 21-year old has a current market value of ₹20.83m. He started 10 games in the previous season and conceded 11 goals. Mumbai City FC the current ISL champions have shown interest in him. The young Indian might not feature in the starting xi straight away but is a great backup option to have. According to sources Mumbai is ready to trigger the release clause to bring the player in.
- Harmanjot Khabra: The 33-year old Indian central midfielder last played for Bengaluru FC. He is currently without a club from 30th May 2021. Khabra provided 3 assists in 16 appearances last season and was a regular starter for Bengaluru. Kerala Blasters FC has shown interest to bring in the midfielder at the club. His current market value is ₹14.58m. The chances of the deal happening is very likely and we could see the player in Kerala next season.
- Harmanpreet Singh: The 19- year old centre-forward is currently an SC East Bengal player. He’s not a regular starter and generally warm benches in crucial matches. Bengaluru FC has shown interest in the young forward from Punjab. The current market value of the individual is ₹8.33m. Chances are very high that we might see Harmanpreet switching colours from red and gold to blue next season.
- Jordan Murray: The Australian star forward of Kerala Blasters FC might be on the move next season. Kerala had a very poor season finishing 10th in the table. Jamshedpur FC is very keen on signing him. The 25-year-old has 7 goals and 1 assist in 19 appearances last season. His current market value stands at ₹35.41m. This will be a big deal and Jamshedpur might go all guns blazing to sign the Australian.
Players from the 2nd tier league that could join the ISL Clubs
- PC Laldinpuia: The 24-year-old centre back currently plays for Aizawl FC in the I-league. He is a regular starter in the club and plays full time, the manager has faith in him and he rarely comes off for substitution. The young Indian has impressed a lot of eyes and now Jamshedpur FC is keen on signing him. His current market value is ₹12.50m and the deal may easily go through.
- Bidyashagar Singh: The 23-year old is the star centre-forward of his club. He currently plays for Trau FC in the I-league. The young Indian has 12 goals and 1 assist in just 15 appearances. He is a crucial member of the starting xi and has a 48% goal contribution. ISL giants Odisha FC are interested in signing the young prospect. The current market value of the player is ₹16.66m which will not be a problem for them.
- Emil Benny: The 20-year old right-winger plays for the Gokulam Kerala FC in the I-league. He scored 3 goals and 2 assists in 14 appearances in the I-league. Former ISL champions Bengaluru FC are keen on signing the young forward. He currently holds a value of ₹10.42m in the market. Bengaluru may break their banks to get this promising young talent.
- Jonathan Soriano: The 35-year old veteran striker plays in the Laliga 2nd division in Spain for CD Castellon. The veteran is a great goal poacher and impressed many with his goal-scoring skills. His current market value stands at ₹16.66m. ISL giants like FC Goa, ATK Mohun Bagan and Jamshedpur FC are all linked with the Spanish Striker. The ISL transfer news will get more interesting as the league comes closer.