With the arrival of the new year, 2022, omicron started creating humongous chaos all around the globe. In the last two years, the Covid-19 pandemic proved to be very impactful harshly to everyone. And this time, omicron, the newest version of the covid-19 virus is literally taking a toll and people are facing uncertainties all over again. Like all other work sectors, these viruses are hampering the sports world and the upcoming scheduled events.
The year 2022 has a lot in store for sports fans throughout the year. Starting from cricket to football to the Olympics to Commonwealth Games, 2022 has a plate full of tournaments for the audiences. But definitely, there is a lot of uncertainties due to to the rapid increase of Covid-19 and omicron positive cases everywhere.
- Ranji Trophy has been postponed for an indefinite time.
- The Badminton All India Sub Junior & Junior Ranking tournament also postponed due to the current scenario. The starting date of tournament was 11 January at Panchkula.
- The silver medalist of Tokyo Olympics Ravi Dahiya was supposing to train in Russia in a pre-season training camp for the upcoming Asian Games and Commonwealth Games. Unfortunately, the camp in Russia postponed due to the extreme rise in cases.
- Next is the Asian Youth Athletics Championships. This tournament also postponed from March to after 22 October.
- Also, the National Chess Championship postponed indefinitely considering the rapidly rising cases.